Sunday, June 20, 2010

Failure To Wakeboard

Only had a few hours of sleep last night because I was having nightmares about Australia getting a man sent off and drawing with Ghana in the World Cup...Damn it!!! That actually happened. I'm not a morning person anyways, but I'd get up early on a Sunday for the thrill of wakeboarding.

I normally get my wakeboarding fix at the end of every month with my mates, but this time things went horribly wrong. I book a 2 or 3 hour session through a friend of mine, but on this occasion, Eddie (the guy who brings me out on his boat), accidently double booked and my friends and I had to lose the session because we weren't the first to book.

Persistent to wakeboard some where, my mates and I decided to drive down to East Coast Park to go to Ski 360 Degree. This is a park where you wakeboard on a pulley cable system. It's got awesome ramps for jumps, but it doesn't create a nice wake when you're being pulled by a boat, so I'd always prefer a boat. We got to Ski 360 Degree at about 10am and for some reason it was closed to the public until 12pm!!!

We obviously had angered the 'Wakeboard Gods' some how and therefore was simply not meant to wakeboard today. I must remember to sacrifice a 'Wakeboard Virgin' to appease the 'Wakeboard Gods' next time. Deciding not to waste the beautiful day, my friends and I went to hire some bikes and rollerblades at East Coast Park. So, we did get some kind of workout on our Sunday morning.


We worked up quite an appetite from cycling and blading so we went to to this really cool and unique Thai-German fusion restaurant and microbrewery called Tawandang. While there, we enjoyed delicious Thai-German grub and refreshing German brews.

Remember how I said in my previous post that you should avoid discussing politics, religion and football? Well, I couldn't help myself because I had a disagreement with my English mate, Simon about who the footballer, Steve McMahon, represented in the Italy World Cup 1990. Simon argued that Steve played for either Scotland or Ireland, but I was sure he played for England. A quick Google search on the iPhone revealed the answer and yours truly was right. Who's your daddy Simon? :-) FYI, Steve McMahon was also born in Singapore and he played for the greatest football team in the world, Liverpool!!! If any of you disagree about that then...we can settle this at the closest parking lot hahaha Love don't hate.

All and all, a potentially lousy Sunday was averted by good company, good food and good drinks.

Love Peace and Hair Grease - JuLz

P.S. A Happy Father's Day to all Fathers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment