Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Kung Fu Kid

I've been campaigning hard to be the next VJ for MTV so I decided to take break and catch a movie. I was a big Karate Kid fan back in the days, so I was pretty excited to catch the new re-make.


Ralph Macchio is a bit past his prime so unfortunately, he could not reprise his role so taking his place was the up and coming Jaden Smith a.k.a Will and Jada Smith's little boy.

All and all it was a satisfactory movie to kick back and tune into. I'm a huge huge Will Smith fan and have been since he was known as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I'd go see anything Will Smith related and I thought it was great to see him and Jada back up Jaden by being involved as executive producers in the movie. I lost count of the number of times I saw young Jaden resemble Will in his expressions and mannerisms.

Not much Karate in the movie though, it's all set in China and it's Kung Fu that Jaden is taught. Instead of learning Karate by waxing a car, Jaden learns Kung Fu by taking off his jacket and putting it on again...bet you didn't know you could do that. Pat Morita, God rest his soul, would have been proud to see Jackie Chan fill his shoes as the new 'Mr Miyagi'.

After watching the movie, I decided to get back on the campaign trail by doing a good deed and winning some votes from friends. I helped some friends move furniture into their new house...Yes this is why I came to help you guys hehehe In the end all we moved was a washer and dryer.

My friends and I felt we deserved some drinks after all that 'moving' so we indulged ourselves by firing up the projector to watch the World Cup and cracking open some beers. Half a bottle of Patron later, it all got a bit blurry for me.


Love Peace and Hair Grease - JuLz

No comments:

Post a Comment