Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm Gutted


Oh no, my weekend has taken a turn for the worse. If you've been living under a rock you'd not know that the World Cup is happening.

I just wanna make it clear that I'm a die hard Australian Socceroos fan. Don't you dare scoff, because I see people wearing jerseys for what ever the hell country they feel like supporting but the blood that courses through my veins are green and gold and I'm proud to have a 'Real' country to support and represent on the football world stage.

Alright, alright, this blog is turning quite bitter and sarcastic. 3 things you should always avoid discussing is...politics, religion and....FOOTBALL. The Australia Vs Ghana game did not result in my favor. The game started very brightly for the Aussies, with Brett Holman giving them the lead in the 11th minute. However, a bullshit decision from the referee saw Harry Kewell sent off for a hand ball in the penalty box and Ghana equalized with a penalty shortly after.

Nothing short of a miracle will help the Aussies get through to the next round. I'm so so so sad.

It's way past my bed time now and I gotta get up early tomorrow for my wakeboarding fix. Hope it cures my World Cup blues. Sorry about my World Cup rant people. Football is life, the rest is mere details.

Love, Peace and Hair Grease - JuLz

No comments:

Post a Comment